Suspense no longer! The final count down is up! We finally know what this little "jokester" is in my belly! My baby's due date was suppose to be April 1st, we tried finding out if the baby was a girl or boy with two different ultrasounds but we eventually gave up to find out at the end of my pregnancy since the baby wouldn't let us know with its modesty. If you don't know what the baby is already, you'll have to read on to find out...Three weeks early...
My third miracle, my little jokester has decided to enter into this world, slowly...
On Saturday, March 10th around noon I started to have labor, I won't say "go into labor", because it was mild, so mild that at first I thought it was premature labor or just consistent Braxton hicks (practice contractions). The contractions lasted the whole day and were about 5-7 minutes apart. I went about my day, we even went to a Temple sealing and a Bishopric party toward the end of the night. At the Bishopric party the contractions were every 5 minutes apart, and I was hoping that my water would not break. I was lucky that it didn't! Around midnight my contractions started to get painful, through some of the contractions I wondered why my water hadn't broke yet? With prior pregnancies I have never had a problem with my water breaking. Was something wrong? Finally, I convinced myself that I was in fact in labor and we called my mom to come and watch Vanessa and Chandler. Dave and I arrived at St. Mark's Hospital at 3:45 a.m., I was dilated at a "3" and 80% effaced. My contractions were getting really strong and really, really painful! The nurse said I couldn't have an epidural until I dilated to a "4" or if my water decided to break.
8:00 a.m. Finally they gave me the epidural after they had to break my water! I was so grateful to finally not have to deal with any more delirious contractions! My O.B. kept coming and checking on me because I have opted to have a V-bac (vaginal birth after c-section) with this baby because of my terrible experience having Chandler c-section.
10:00 a.m. My contractions are slowing down! Every 7 minutes instead of every 3-5 minutes...I really felt there was something wrong! So they tried changing my position and my contractions sped up again.
11:30 a.m. The nurse came in to check me, and I was dilated to an "8" but slowly progressing. She left the room. I figured I wouldn't see her for awhile and she came running back in with my Doctor and worry was all over their faces! Apparently, the baby's heart beat kept dropping during each contraction at this point and they figured the cord was wrapped around the baby's shoulder causing the baby to have problems coming down the birth canal. So they had to put a catheter inside me to blow in liquid to relieve some of the pressure on the baby. I dilated to a "9" but it wasn't going fast enough and they didn't want to do a c-section after all I had been through. So my doctor made me "push" myself to a "10" and finally I was fully dilated and the baby was coming...after a three more pushes there the baby was!!! Another miracle!
At 12:17 a.m. we found out, "It's a Boy!"
Little Ashton Scott Glass was only 5 lbs and 13 oz. and 19 inches long!
It was a long labor but being able to have him without a c-section will allow me to heal more positively!
No comments:
Post a Comment