I decided that I would post one thing I am thankful for each week of the year. I need to catch up a little bit! I figure this exercise will keep me in check on what to be thankful for, and also it will remind me not to take things for granted!I am thankful for: ANNE GEDDES!
She is such a talented photographer and I love her artwork! Every year I buy a calendar of hers, this is a must have in my book! I also own her book "PURE"! Eventually I would love to own all of her books! I just absolutely love her! You can also check out Anne's Biography on her website to learn more about her!
I am thankful for MY CAMERA! Last year my husband bought me a Canon PowerShot SD750 Digital ELPH for my birthday and I have been grateful ever since! If you know much about me I love taking pictures and I LOVE taking pictures of my children! Last year I took 1,073 pictures of Ashton alone! ...And that was pictures of JUST him in the photo! I took about 200 photos of Vanessa and 200 photos of Chandler...the reason Ashton's was so high, is because he was a new baby last year! I would love to be a photographer someday, here are some shots that I took that I call PRO-fessional! These are a few of my favorites:

Ashton's baby blessing shot

Ashton's Cowboy shots

This shot I took in Dave's parent's front yard, I am really proud of this one, it turned out exceptional!
My children, it's hard to get them all to cooperate
I am thankful for our cars, and not just cause I have a "sweet" car, but I am thankful that I have transportation! My highschool car DIED a month after when Dave and I were first married so we ended up with ONE car for two years of our marriage, we were both working so it was really hard to deal with it. We also had tons of problems with break-ins, theft, and car problems...so I am also very grateful for Dependable transportation!
I AM VERY GRATEFUL FOR DAVE'S JOB! For the first 5 years of our marriage, we were sooo POOR! We had to get help from other places to have food and other things. It was so hard and I still look back at those days and wonder how on earth did we make it? I pray each day that we will never have to deal with it again! As soon as Dave graduated from the Uof U, I looked very hard for a job for him. I finally found his job that he has now and we are so very blessed to have it, it has allowed us to buy a home among other things!!!! Thank you Heavenly Father!
I am also thankful for our whirpool front loader washer and dryer! For the first five years of our marriage we also had to do laundry at Granny's house or my parent's house on Sundays, and it took all day on Sunday to get the laundry done! It was hard because we were working (doing laundry) on Sundays plus we didn't get to enjoy Sundays or really relax too much. I am so very blessed!
So my last thing I am thankful for for these 7 weeks, is Blogger.com! I love this new day and age where you can share your lives on the internet with all of your loved ones! It is so amazing how technology is quickly evolving! I love to BLOG! Thank you to everyone who has posted comments and showed their love! You all are awesome! Thank you!
2 comments:
I like your new picture on the top of your blog. Very cute! Also, you are a good photographer. The cowboy pictures of Ashton are so fun.
This is Joe. I love your dog. I want to see more pics!!!! I would love to have a dane, it's my wish.
Post a Comment