
August 14th, 2008:
The day started off really good, I made Vanessa breakfast in bed, this is beginning to be a family tradition when we have Birthdays! Vanessa turned 6 today at 10:28 a.m. I can't believe I have a child that old! Vanessa opened up her package that she received in the mail from my Aunt Janette! Thanks Janette! Vanessa also got a Reindeer Webkin, sandals and a coloring book from us...we were keeping it small since we are totally spoiling her for her birthday party! (a surprise)
Vanessa also got glasses today! We learned that she has farsighted vision when we took her in to the eye doctor for an exam that she needs before she starts Kindergarten! I cried to myself when I found out she needed them, she was overcome with JOY!!! lol
So I started packing for our awesome California trip that we have been planning since the beginning of this year, I even put together a way cute Itinerary, Brad and I have been planning a family trip and I got my parents to join us too (they almost decided not to come)...so the kids and I were really pumped up and ready to go...I also planned to see one of my best friends who lives in Orange County, Heather Cross Barrus, we had planned a fun day at the Beach and play ground!
So the Twist is as I was packing we got a Phone call from Dave's mom and she told us that Dave's grandma Harris just barely passed away! So sad! Our plans changed from that second and we had to cancel our California trip! I was torn up about the whole thing, it is very sad!
2 comments:
Such cute glasses.
Happy Birthday, Vanessa! She does look pretty darn cute in glasses.. very stylish! Sorry about your trip. My kids have started asking about that stuff too. Jenna even started crying hysterically when I found a white hair on my head because she thought that meant I was dying!! We had a good long, very sweet, talk. Those concepts are kinda hard for kiddos to grasp, huh.
Post a Comment