Saturday, August 11, 2007

5 months old!!!!


Today Ashton and I celebrated him turning 5 months old being sick! Ashton got sick first and when a baby gets sick it is the hardest thing to deal with. A baby just can't help himself so I am there up all night when he is suffering the discomfort of a bad cold. It takes double the time for a little baby to heal from a sickness and pretty much it's seems like the whole family is sick when a child gets sick! Your heart feels so bad for them! Poor little boy! So I tried so hard not to get sick as I was taking care of little Ashton but I failed and now I have the terrible cold! So I have been trying to fight it off and worry about little Ashton as well! We took him to the doctor two different times to see if he is okay and that he has nothing serious. While we were there the first time we weighed him and he was 14 lbs. 7 oz. and the the second time we took him into the doctor he gained some weight and is now 14 lbs. 10 oz. which is so amazing to me because Vanessa was only 16 lbs. at a year old! The doctor said to keep an eye on poor Ashton and to try and fight the cold without antibiotics, but it's been two weeks now and he is still sick! I sure hope that he gets better in the next few days! I have had the worst cold ever for a long time! I have been trying to keep away from my other kids and husband so they won't get it. (fingers crossed)

Ashton now is grasping toys and fixating hard on his hands and how they work. He also discovered his thumb! Hopefully it's only a phase and not the beginning of thumb-sucking, even though it's so cute to see. He is a very happy baby even though he is sick, he reminds me a lot of Chandler in this aspect. He knows his family very well, he loves to watch Vanessa and Chandler run around. He is very interested in watching the dogs play, especially TiKa...maybe it's because her coloring is distinct. Here are some pictures of Ashton....

Great Advice: If you don't know already and are sick always keep away from others, especially little children for it is harder for them to overcome sickness.

1 comment:

Karrissa Winward said...

Oh, I am sorry you were both sick. It is so hard with a sick baby! Hope you are both feeling better.