Hiking has been our family "getaway" from it all lately. For Family Home Evening we decided to go hiking up Donut Falls, although we kept loosing people on the way up Donut Falls, it ended up that none of us actually got to see the Donut. We cracked jokes the whole way up about how the "Donut" doesn't taste very good, it's too hard and crackly. It was really cold, but it was my kid's first hike ever and they did awesome. That Vanessa reminds me soooo much of myself, she was always ahead of everyone, her energy is out of this world and it reminded me of the days when my parent's would be looking for me and I had climbed up pine trees clear to the top, or I was on the roof, I always did flips off the fence too. Free spirits I guess. But I LOVE it!!! I was the fastest runner in school and I am seeing this in Vanessa, she will be truly amazing when she grows up! Chandler is our comedian, he kept having Dave hold him, it was funny....and Ashton wanted to walk the whole way, but we had to scoop him up on a few occasions to pick up our pace. We ended the night with donuts and hot chocolates. Great fun!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Hiking
Hiking has been our family "getaway" from it all lately. For Family Home Evening we decided to go hiking up Donut Falls, although we kept loosing people on the way up Donut Falls, it ended up that none of us actually got to see the Donut. We cracked jokes the whole way up about how the "Donut" doesn't taste very good, it's too hard and crackly. It was really cold, but it was my kid's first hike ever and they did awesome. That Vanessa reminds me soooo much of myself, she was always ahead of everyone, her energy is out of this world and it reminded me of the days when my parent's would be looking for me and I had climbed up pine trees clear to the top, or I was on the roof, I always did flips off the fence too. Free spirits I guess. But I LOVE it!!! I was the fastest runner in school and I am seeing this in Vanessa, she will be truly amazing when she grows up! Chandler is our comedian, he kept having Dave hold him, it was funny....and Ashton wanted to walk the whole way, but we had to scoop him up on a few occasions to pick up our pace. We ended the night with donuts and hot chocolates. Great fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Now, I need to go out and buy some donuts! What a fun time.
I haven't done that hike for awhile. I need to get my family up there. Mabey next Summer. Looks like you have a fun time.
That is such a cute picture of you and Ashton. What a cute idea to hike up Donut Falls and then eat donuts and hot chocolate for dessert.
Yeah for hikes! I'm glad you guys had fun!
Post a Comment