On Friday, May 11th, 2007 I finally walked the walk and graduated from Salt Lake Community College in Barbering and Cosmetology!!!! But I didn't walk quietly, and who would when you have fought the fight to get to this point? On the stage after my name was announced, I stopped and looked out at the crowd, threw my arms up in the air and screamed as loud as I could. I did it for the long hours at school but really was considered "work!" I did it for having three children through out school! I did it because as I got closer to being done with school, it got that much harder! I did it for when I was pregnant with Ashton; I went to school from 8 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. with only an hour break, my pregnancy made me so tired that for the break I slept in the back of my car! I did it because I made it through the toughest times to get here! I did it with honors! I did it!!!Thank you for all those who supported me, especially my husband Dave, who paid for my schooling and encouraged me to keep on keeping on! I have surely been blessed!
Graduation was awesome! My graduation class was over 3,000 graduates! The ceremony was awesome with the theme of "You raise me up", which is also a song by Josh Groban and sung by one of the students at SLCC.
My parents treated me to lunch at the Macaroni Grill, which was delish! I had a wonderful day, not to mention a brand new nephew to top it off!!!!
Here I am with Dave!
Daddy and I!

Brittany and I!

Dave and dad waving at me as I walked in!
No comments:
Post a Comment