Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dave's Birthday!!!


Today is Dave's birthday! We really celebrated Dave's birthday last Friday the 25th! I had a surprise planned for him for awhile now. We went to dinner at Applebee's and then I blindfolded Dave, drove in a few circles in the parking lot, and then drove to our destination which was downtown. Then when we got downtown I removed the blindfold and handed Dave a folder that said "Happy Birthday!" and inside to his surprise found Utah Jazz tickets! His face said it all! I could tell he really, really...did I mention really? He really appreciated it and he was DANG excited! So we ENJOYED the basketball game and had tons of fun...then we found out at half time my cousin Josh and his wife Becky were also at the game so we went and sat by them and had even more fun! It was great! We hadn't had such a fun date in a long time...or should I say we hadn't had a date in a LONG time!
Today I made a yummy breakfast for Dave: German pancakes and eggs. Later on the kids and I got a yummy dinner together for Dave's birthday dinner. We had shrimp cocktail, New York Steaks, yumma mashed potatoes ( the real potatoes!) and for his birthday cake we had birthday pie! Dave doesn't like cake, I don't like cake either (I always ask for a strawberry pie), we do like ice-cream cake from Dairy Queen or Baskin Robbins. So I made him a Dutch apple pie with whip cream...talk about mmmmmmm! He loved it!


The Birthday Pile-up




I am soooo lucky I have the coolest guy in the world for me, I am so grateful for my Dave...my babe. We have so many things in common but still make life interesting for each other! Dave and I always believe that in life we could have married other people and still make a marriage work but we really believe that there is "ONE person who is PERFECT for each other", and that's us! We found our perfect match! I look up to him and he looks up to me and we are so lucky! I love you Dave!

2 comments:

tanya.... said...

Happy Birthday! We need to get together soon. Looks like all is well. Keep in touch.

Amy said...

You are such a cute wife, such a cute family and such a cute couple! How fun! Happy Birthday Dave!