Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Is it a Horse? Is it a Piano? Is it a Plane?


NO!!! It's a GREAT DANE! ha ha ha...okay maybe it's a horse...jk! We like going from one Extreme to the next...chihuahua to the Big Great Dane! We are big time dog lovers! Dave and I have always wanted to own a great dane, we have been hunting for one since October of last year...it had to be a specific color and a perfect temperament: which isn't hard when you own a great dane! I was hoping that I could find one for Christmas day but that didn't work, you don't find many people who breed Great Danes in Utah, you see more of the Mantle, Merle or Blue colored Danes than you do of the fawn color, and that's what we wanted the typical Scooby Doo! We did most of our looking on KSL.com, we found a litter of fawns that had been sold, but Dave decided to call them anyway. Lory the owner said she had one more puppy but it was the brindle color, and we weren't too into the tiger look, so we told her we would like to come see it when it's ready to go home...a few more weeks passed and we got an email from Lory saying that one person backed out on a male fawn great dane puppy, we were sooooo excited!!!! She sent us pictures and soon we were off to Delta, Utah to get Dave's birthday present!!! We fell in love with our "Ramseys" immediately! He is 8 weeks old and already 8 1/2 pounds. Right now he only eats 1 1/2 cups of dog food a day, but soon when he will probably weigh at least 160 lbs, he will eat 7 1/2 cups a day!!! Don't worry we know what we are getting ourselves into, we studied our little brains off on the breed!!! We like everything about them and even their size!!! They learn potty training really well, the housetraining part is a little more difficult but being the consistent person that I am, I have no worries. This dog is a part of the Glass family for life! We made a BIG commitment and Ramseys will start puppy school here in a few weeks!!!! We have had Ramseys since Saturday the 12th and he has been doing really well with training! ENJOY the pictures!

Ramseys having dinner

Chihuahua Vs. Great Dane

Hey Dog! That's my food!

Trying to sleep on the way to his new home

5 comments:

Karrissa Winward said...

You are going to make Joe so jealous! He wants a great dane so bad!

Stephanie said...

That's awesome! He is such a cute puppy!

julie said...

Tyler saw the picture of the chihuahua and the great dane and he said, "Little puppy and BIG dog!" The "little puppy" was of course the chihuahua and the "BIG dog" was the Great Dane. He is a little confused. He is such and cute puppy!

DentalDad said...

Is that question on KSL yours? The one about the puppies knuckling over? I thought it might be. Hope it isn't but if it is I hope you can get it fixed. I LOVE great danes.
Joe

Amy said...

Wow you do the extremes! What a fun adventure I am glad you guys are prepared for a big dog! BTW my brother and sister in law are moving in your neighborhood. Chris and Brandy Bennion they have 2 kids Brock (almost 3) and Jaycey (almost 2)! Keep your eye out for them!