This is our "middle" bathroom, the bathroom the children are suppose to use. I decided to make a change to the cabinets because I am not too fond of oak cabinets, I am a person who loves cherrywood and walnut colors. But now I need ideas for the walls, so if you have an idea of what to paint the walls, let me know...

9 comments:
Jana, I looooove it! That color of gray-blue would be gorgeous. I love the dark wood color.. did you paint or strip and stain them?? What a difference! I'm not a real fan of oak either. I was thinking about redoing my bedroom in these colors... good change - you're a pro! Rachel
Wow! It looks so ... much better! I do NOT like oak either. I think it is because growing up, my dad had to have EVERYTHING oak. I like dark wood too. I think that wall color will look really pretty and soothing. I wish I could fly you out here to help me fix up my house (when we buy it in 2 months!!!).
I love brown and blue so I vote yes on the paint. The kids bathroom upstairs at our house is painted blue kind of like that!
Okay so this is what I did, I sanded the old cabinets so that it could absorb the paint, then I used to coats of primer and two coats of quality paint and during the process of primer and such, it looks as if it won't end up looking good, but as you start applying the last coat of paint, it starts to take on the desired look!
It looks great - good job! I say yes to the blue paint. I always think dark brown and blue look great together, that is how my bedroom is and I always get compliments!
I also say good idea. And I ALSO am wondering how much you would charge me to paint my horrendous kitchen. Believe me, we've tried to paint by ourselves. We painted Jackson's room and our "middle" bathroom and they both look almost as ridiculous as the rest of the house (painted by the former owner). This is not a joke, if you're interested, let me know:)
I like the brown and blue also.
You did a great job. Can I hire you? My home needs some work. =)
I vote for the after picture. We are redoing our bathroom cabinets this spring. They are an ugly oak and I really need a change! Thanks for the idea on color! I LOVE the blue too! I want to see it when it is all done!
Post a Comment