Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I've joined your boat!

I know that some of my family and friends have dealt with this before and still are, but now I have joined your boat! I mentioned earlier that my husband got a higher position, Account Executive, in a company called Litle & Company based out of Boston, Massuchessetts...and now I get to see how it feels to have a husband who travels for his job! He will be working from our home when he is in town but he will be traveling at least twice a month, for a week or so at a time! A part of me doesn't want him gone but the other part is saying "I can handle this!" ...and so far I have. Dave has been gone for four days now, and still I have seven days or so until he comes home! It's been different with just me and three kids, surprisingly I have handled my three kids better than when Dave has been here at home....strange...but maybe I am growing in some way. I do miss him a whole lot!

2 comments:

julie said...

It isn't easy not having your husband around, but it sure makes me appreciate him so much more! It is amazing how we are blessed to handle things that we thought would be so much harder. Hang in there, hopefully the time will go fast and he will be right there giving all of you a great big hug!

Rachel said...

Hi Jana, hey Matt was gone a ton when we were living in Utah so I think I know how you feel. I even had Collin when he was out of town!!! I think the hardest thing is, besides missing him, is not totally being totally in charge when he was able to be home again. You wouldn't think that that would be hard, but it was!! I had to get used to not being the only adult around again. Also, a friend gave me some advise to.. it's called "save your best chicken." It has a long story that goes with it, and I can e-mail you with it, but it just means that when he does come home, you give him your best self instead of just unloading on him and telling him how exhausted you are (no matter how tempting because you ARE tired!) Anyway, this advise helped us. Good luck! Call me anytime if you need to talk!! love ya, RAchel