Saturday, September 20, 2008

18 months old


My little Ashton is growing up!!! He is now just a little over 18 months old and I thought I would do a little update on his progress. Ashton is a laid back little boy, although if his sister or brother takes a toy away from him he won't put up with it and all of a sudden you'll find him charging after them. So I have to work with him a little more in that area. He has clobbered a few little kids and I feel very bad when that happens. Ashton already gets Time-outs, except part of me wonders if he understands, I explain it to him but he doesn't talk much. Ashton loves to say "HI" to everyone who passes him by at any store, it is his favorite word now...which is totally funny because he has a hint of shyness to him. He loves to make dog and cat sounds. Today Ashton was helping me put clothes into our washing machine and I heard him say something close to "Sponge bob", I looked over and he had Chandler's Spongebob pillow case in his hands, it was so cute! But he is so content with himself he doesn't care to talk, in fact he just learned to walk over a month ago. He has been my only child who is ambidextrous in getting around: Bum Skooting, normal crawling (our first child who actually did this!), the monkey crawl, and walking! He loves to follow Chanman around, Chandler will go hide and Ashton will get a kick out of finding him. I think he thinks Vanessa is a big person, because Vanessa will be sitting on the floor and all of a sudden Ashton will be sitting on her, he reallly LOVES Vanessa!!! He has been an easy child so far, and we LOVE that he is part of our family!!!

I forgot to mention that Ashton is a singer, he's always humming or attempting to sing a song. He also is officially in the Nursery!!!! He tested out two Sundays before his actual official day to see how he'd do, and he did AWESOME!!!! He didn't cry...he just went in the room and started playing and was fine when we left him there!

2 comments:

julie said...

What a handsome little boy. He looks so much like Chandler.

Stephanie said...

I love that picture of Ashton! He is such an adorable boy!