
Today I woke up about 6:45 a.m. and moved as fast as I could to get the children ready to be dropped off at Dave's mom's house, because it is the day I take my stateboards written exam! I was a little bit nervous because if I fail the test I would have to pay another $75 to retake it again. I studied my little head off in the time I could between crying, diaper changes (two kids I might add), the kids "needing me", bathing, babysitting other kids and everything else under the sun. etc. Etc. ETC. So I arrived at the Thomson Prometric testing center and signed in at 8:40 a.m. and took the long-dreaded test. The time frame being 2 1/2 hours and I finished at exactly 2 hours! ...and guess what? I PASSED! I PASSED! I PASSED! YAY! HOORAY! LET'S PARTY! I took my stateboards practical last friday and I was there from 11:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. doing things like perms, chemical relaxers, tapers, haircolor, uniform haircut, and sculptured nails etc. For all those who don't know, cosmetology was a hard thing to do! Let me remind you I did it in the middle of having three kids! I did it when I was pregnant and going to school from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. straight! I did it when at times I didn't want to and I could have quit. It took for-ev-er to do but I can't believe it's done with! No more worries! Now I can really concentrate on my family! I also want to thank my husband Dave for standing by me and encouraging me when I thought I couldn't do it anymore! For all the support he gave me when I needed it the most! Your awesome Dave! I love you!
You know everyone thinks cosmetology is easy, they think it's for people who don't care about education, or for those who are dumb, but you will never know how hard it is until you are there yourself! It is hard, you have to know so many things that you didn't even think cosmetologists would even have to know! Chemistry, formulations, ergonomics, physiology, business, and much, much more! ...AND I DID IT!!!
3 comments:
Yea Jana, I'm so excited for you. Congratulations on passing your exam!!!
Congratulations, That is awesome. I hope you can relax a little bit now. You deserve it.
Way to go Jana!
Post a Comment