Friday, July 11, 2008

Park City


Happy July 4th!!! The Frisby family (that's me guys!) goes to Park City for Independence day each year. So what kinds of things do we do at Park City?
Thursday, July 3rd: This year was a little different because Dave and I decided to rent our own Condo in Park City at the David Holland Resort, The Lodge. We had a BBQ over at Aunt Karen, Aunt Janette and Granny's condo at the Marriott. Later we all played in the pool and sat in the hot tub.

Friday, July 4th: We woke up on the 4th to get ready to run the 5K, which is not as easy as it is down in SLC...the elevation is definitely different so it's harder to breathe! But we love doing it!!! This year I got my worst time ever, only because I get really bad cramps that prevent me from doing what I love, or else I would cremate everyone! My best time was in 2006 when I was barely pregnant with Ashton, I ran the race in 22 minutes. This year I took my precious time at a long 33:12 minutes!!!!
After the run we got ready for the day and had an AWESOME breakfast at my parent's condo at The Lodge. We had the whole shebang: pancakes, eggs, bacon, hash browns, OJ etc. Then we went on the Alpine Slide and the Coaster, the coaster is a newer slide, which it is really a ride, and it goes fast, it is hooked to the track so you can't fall off, but sometimes you feel like you are going to fall off because they tell you NOT to brake!
The kids had fun going down a bunch of Bouncer/slides...they had tons of fun!!! It wore them out! Then we took our naps, they were long because we were beat! We slept up until 6 p.m.!!! Then we had a pizza party over at my Aunt's and Granny's condo.
After wards we talked a bit and then sat out on "Our Spot" to watch the fireworks...The fireworks in Park City are always good! (But I think last years may have been better).
Our 4th was AWESOME!!!


2 comments:

Kimmi, Ciaran and Cabhan's Korner said...

Oh my gosh. We go to park city every year also. But we only go up for the fireworks. We should try to meet next. THat is where me and Aaron got engaged actually.
Kimberly

julie said...

I love the pic of the pile up. Very fun. My kids love to do that with their dad too. I am glad you had a great 4th!